FIN Kameshwaram Mission:
To Identify a model (or a set of models) by which villages in India can be as clean and healthy places to live as anywhere in the world.
FIN Kameshwaram Vision – To identify the model (or set of models) to make Indian villages clean
- Create a social venture in Kameshwaram that practises social responsibility vis-à-vis its own staff, the local residents and the environment.
- Make Kameshwaram as clean as any village in the world.
- Create awareness. Increase knowledge base. Build local capabilities. Empower the people.
- Cooperate with local government bodies.
- Experiment and Identify the ‘organisational’ model by which this can be achieved.
- Document the entire process truthfully.
- Share it with the world and discuss it.
- Develop models that can be useful to the government for its programmes.
- Integrate the participation of students and provide them with opportunities to learn.
- Help other non-profits active in the development field by sharing knowledge.
Targets to achieve in Kameshwaram
- About 400 safe and well constructed toilets with clean documentation on the process and the costs.
- Community Action Groups of volunteers in each of the 9 wards for a clean and climate resilient village.
- A community waste management system that is sustained by community engagement and is resilient to discontinuities in local and state programs.
- A village level compost yard for maximum recycling of collected waste.
- Clean ponds.
- Livelihoods between Rs 8000 – Rs 15,000 per month for about 6 people as FIN staff, auto-financed by the above activities.