The following international scientific publications by Shyama V. Ramani are based on her work at Kameswaram via Friend In Need Trust
Ramani, Shyama V. “On consortium driven sanitation interventions to end open defecation: insights from an Indian village study.” Innovation and Development (2019): 1-17.
- Ramani, Shyama V., Timothée Frühauf and Arijita Dutta “On diarrhoea in adolescents and school toilets: Insights from an Indian village school study”, Journal of Development Studies, 1-16 (2017).
- Ramani, Shyama V., Shuan SadreGhazi and Suraksha Gupta, “Catalysing Innovation for Social Impact: The Role of Social Enterprises in the Indian Sanitation Sector” with in Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 121, 216-227, (2017).
- Dutta, Arijita, Gitanjali Hajra and Shyama V. Ramani, “On incidence of diarrhoea among children in India: Can the Gordian knot of complementarities be cut?” Economic and Political Weekly 51, Issue No. 22, 28 May, 121-129 (2016).
- Shyama V. Ramani and Shuan SadreGhazi, Where is the toilet please? The sanitation sectoral innovation system in Rural India By (p. 309- 336) in Ramani, Shyama V., ed. Innovation in India: Combining Economic Growth with Inclusive Development. Cambridge University Press, 2014.
- Ramani, Shyama V., Shuan SadreGhazi, and Geert Duysters. “On the diffusion of toilets as bottom of the pyramid innovation: Lessons from sanitation entrepreneurs.” Technological Forecasting and Social Change4 (2012): 676-687.