The Centre for Circular Economy is the Teaching, Training and Research activities hub of Friend In Need India Trust. The Centre comprises students, academics and professionals engaged in research projects, teaching programmes (internships) and knowledge sharing events (National and International Workshops, Webinars).
The Centre organizes and hosts workshops to bring together key stakeholders and change makers and provides opportunities for interaction with them. These workshops also incorporate site visits as an important component in order to provide first hand experience to the challenges in the field. More recently, under the corona virus siege, the Centre started a webinar series which has proved to be highly successful.
- Webinar on addressing the challenges of Waste Management for World Environment Day 2020 organised by FIN Trust with participants from Ghana, India and The Netherlands.
- Workshops held in 5 countries for World Toilet Day (2019) under FIN coordination
- Pathways to SDG6: Macro to Micro Perspectives – on World Toilet Day, 19 November 2016, sponsored by UNU-MERIT and NCSTC (Government of India).
- Four workshops for WASTE (Netherlands) on Sanitation in India (New Delhi, 2013; New Delhi, 2012; Ooty, 2010; Chennai, 2009)
- Sanitation in the Millennium Development Goals, Tiruchirapalli, 2007, sponsored by INRA, France