The mission of Friend in Need (FIN) Trust is to:
– ensure access to safe sanitation, water and develop an efficient community level
waste management system in Kameswaram village so that it is a model village in India.
– use the learning from experiments in Kameswaram to facilitate sustainability transitions to Clean, and Green villages, towns and cities in India.
– share the knowledge and educate youth and adults in India and other developing countries to work towards making the world Cleaner and Greener.
FIN operates via two divisions:
- FIN Kameshwaram, a rural living lab in Kameshwaram village (Tamil Nadu, India)
experimenting with grassroots innovation generation and diffusion, livelihood
creation and community engagement.
- FIN India, working with other societal stakeholders like schools, households, public
agencies, civil society etc. all over India and other developing countries.
The proposed vision for each unit of FIN Trust for the year 2019 is enumerated in the vision 2019 document.