To work towards provision of safe water, safe sanitation, waste management, value creation from waste and hygiene (WASH) in villages and slums in India and other developing countries, and in the process induce hygiene behaviour with civic pride for transition to clean villages and slums.
Organizational culture: We have a ‘social’ mission like a public sector organisation and at the same time we function like a consultancy wherein we understand that ‘time is money’ and respect deadlines.
Research culture: As an action-research unit, we go for ‘rigour’, ‘comprehensive analysis’, ‘truth-telling’ and ‘impact understanding’, while as an activist group, we are ‘change makers’ for ‘positive transformations’ and not just ‘talkers’ or ‘writers’ or ‘researchers’.
Solution design: We believe that actions/solutions must be simple while taking into account complexity. They must be environmentally friendly and socially just to effectively promote social welfare.
Our source of credibility: We are a small group and we intend to stay that way to ensure flexibility, speed, transparency and accountability.
Our instruments for impact: Our beneficiaries will be the motors of impact. Our instruments for engagement are:
- educational workshops,
- development of content for education and training,
- research and tools creation for increasing impact,
- creation and diffusion of low cost eco-innovations, pro-poor innovations, grass-roots innovations, frugal innovations – that improve life quality and well being,
- evaluation of innovations developed by us or others for coping with poverty,
- communication and sharing of our knowledge for free with all,
- international and interdisciplinary student internships and volunteer projects that bridge societal divides, while contributing to the personal growth of students/volunteers.